Monday, January 30, 2012
Friday, January 27, 2012
Friday, January 20, 2012
The internet has been a bear lately…in
So we’re doing a book reading/study on "1000 Gifts" by Ann Voskamp, and even from the first chapter with it’s Crushing story, I realize that I can choose to live in frustration, or I can remember to do what God’s Word urges us to do: to be Thankful in all circumstances. So I’ve begun to take time to reflect on my daily gifts from God…and they are so numerous, I can’t even begin to list them here(....at least a thousand!) They are part of my worship from a heart full of gratitude for the Life God has given me…here…every day!
I’ll share just a few of my recent Gifts:
- I was able to get a note to my girlfriend, Brooke, in time for her to be able to read it and know my heart for her before her final hours!
- I will see Brooke again one day and we’ll have more adventures together
- Visiting baby Jean Marie (a boy, I discovered), and having him sit on my lap and watch him grab at his feet and reach up and pull my glasses off – he is SEEING!
- My new clinic room is nearly done…the floor will be poured in the next two days, and then we get to move in.
- Hearing the men behind the building today listening to The Way of Righeousness; knowing that they are there, not for medical help, but just to listen to the Words of Life!
- These cold mornings, with a cup of hot tea, just visiting and worshipping with Jesus.
- Hot Fari Masa (like donuts?) with Spicy Squash sauce, fixed for me by my friend, Nuadiba, because I got hungry at clinic today - YumJ
- The way that
made sure I had hot water for my shower this evening! Gary
- My nine healthy grandchildren and one on the way…what a gift each one of them is!
- The anticipation of seeing my children in a few weeks, and my parents and my siblings!!
- Laughing with my SIM colleagues – they are my “family” here.