Tuesday, December 18, 2012
Tuesday, November 6, 2012
- 1 1/2 cups packed light-brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
2. Put brown sugar and butter in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Beat on medium speed until pale and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Mix in applesauce, eggs and vanilla, scraping down sides of bowl as needed.
3. Reduce speed to low. Add oat mixture, and mix until just combined. Mix in walnuts and dates.
4. Coat a 9-by-13-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Spread batter evenly in dish. Scatter remaining 1/2 cup whole oats over top. Bake until golden and a cake tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 35 minutes. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack; cut into bars.
You'll thank me for this recipe!
Monday, October 8, 2012
Since anemia is a chronic problem for most of the population, it only gets more pronounced when a woman is carrying a baby, often resulting in a mother's death during or shortly after birth. At our prenatal clinic we put every mom on vitamins and iron, but we have not been able to check their blood to make sure that it is adequately strong. Checking the Hemoglobin and Hematocrit in the blood would really help!
No Lab puppies in a suitcase!
Wednesday, September 26, 2012
Wednesday, September 12, 2012
Tuesday, September 11, 2012
Thursday, March 1, 2012
Monday, January 30, 2012
Friday, January 27, 2012
Friday, January 20, 2012
The internet has been a bear lately…in
So we’re doing a book reading/study on "1000 Gifts" by Ann Voskamp, and even from the first chapter with it’s Crushing story, I realize that I can choose to live in frustration, or I can remember to do what God’s Word urges us to do: to be Thankful in all circumstances. So I’ve begun to take time to reflect on my daily gifts from God…and they are so numerous, I can’t even begin to list them here(....at least a thousand!) They are part of my worship from a heart full of gratitude for the Life God has given me…here…every day!
I’ll share just a few of my recent Gifts:
- I was able to get a note to my girlfriend, Brooke, in time for her to be able to read it and know my heart for her before her final hours!
- I will see Brooke again one day and we’ll have more adventures together
- Visiting baby Jean Marie (a boy, I discovered), and having him sit on my lap and watch him grab at his feet and reach up and pull my glasses off – he is SEEING!
- My new clinic room is nearly done…the floor will be poured in the next two days, and then we get to move in.
- Hearing the men behind the building today listening to The Way of Righeousness; knowing that they are there, not for medical help, but just to listen to the Words of Life!
- These cold mornings, with a cup of hot tea, just visiting and worshipping with Jesus.
- Hot Fari Masa (like donuts?) with Spicy Squash sauce, fixed for me by my friend, Nuadiba, because I got hungry at clinic today - YumJ
- The way that
made sure I had hot water for my shower this evening! Gary
- My nine healthy grandchildren and one on the way…what a gift each one of them is!
- The anticipation of seeing my children in a few weeks, and my parents and my siblings!!
- Laughing with my SIM colleagues – they are my “family” here.